Raksha Bandhan is a festival which shows brother and sister love forever, on this occasion you need some mouth watering deserts to make it special. If its home made than there is no comparison even with the most expensive sweets from the market. So lets try some of the easiest recipes by MTR which you can prepare in just few minutes:
Besan ke Laddoo: A huge favorite amongst kids and adults alike, Besan Laddoos are one of the most well known Indian sweets.
- 1. Heat 3 tbsp Ghee in a kadai until it melts.
- Add the pack (250g) of MTR Besan Laddoo Mix.
- 2. Stir continuously for 3 mins on low flame.
- Note: Stir continuously to avoid the mix getting burned.
- 3. Cool the mixture, shape into Laddoos.
- Garnish it with chopped Almonds and Pista.
- 4. Serve.
- In a deep pan, bring the milk to a boil. Then keep it aside.
- In another pan, heat the oil and add the MTR Vermicelli and slowly roast it on a low flame till it becomes golden brown. Stir occasionally. It will take about 3-4 minutes. Once roasted, take the MTR Vermicelli off the flame.
- Put the boiled milk back on medium flame and add the roasted MTR Vermicelli. Stir for about 10 minutes or till the rice sevai is completely cooked.
- Now, add the sugar and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the dry fruits and elachi powder. Stir and add the kesar strands.
- Stir till the payasam turns buttery yellow and creamy. Take off the flame and garnish with chopped almonds.
Mango Kulfi: is an ice-cream distinguished by the taste of Mango, king of fruits along with pieces of pistachios. Enjoy this authentic Indian ice-cream with its rich, creamy texture and the delicious crunchiness of pistachios.
- 1.Add 1 cup of MTR Kulfi Mix to 2 cups of milk in a pan (kadai) and stir well to remove lumps. Stir continuously. Bring to a boiling stage.
- 2.Simmer for 3 mins.
- 3.Cool the mixture. Pour into kulfi moulds. Place the moulds in refrigerator freezer for 2-3 hours till set.
- Note: The moulds should be kept covered to avoid crystallisation.
- 4.Take the kulfi out of the moulds, garnish and serve.
- ‘Cup’ means a container of your choice.
Gulab Jamun: Deliciously soft and warmly tempting, MTR’s Gulab Jamuns give you a heavenly, melt-in-the mouth experience. With simple step-by-step instructions, you’ll bring this hallmark dessert to life instantly.
- Add ¼ measure of water gradually to 1 measure of MTR Gulab Jamun mix and knead gently into smooth dough. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Apply oil/ghee on both palms, then shape the dough (above step) into balls.
- Deep fry in oil/ghee over a low flame until golden brown.
- Soak the fried Gulab Jamuns in hot sugar syrup (20 min) until they completely absorb the syrup and serve.
To make sugar syrup, add equal measures of sugar and water then boil for 5 minutes. This pack needs 250 g of sugar and 250 ml of water.
Jalebi: It’s an irresistible treat for your taste buds. Savour the golden and crunchy Jalebis from MTR. It’s a truly delectable experience that gives you a reason to celebrate every moment with delightful taste.
- Add 1 measure of MTR Jalebi mix and 1 measure of water to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the squeezer.
- To make Jalebis, heat edible vegetable oil in a shallow pan. Hold the nozzle of the squeezer just above the surface of oil and squeeze the batter in round circles 3 ½ times starting from the centre.
- To prevent the splitting of Jalebi, make sure to attach the end of the Jalebi to the side of the previous circle.
- Deep fry on medium flame until they are golden and crisp all over but not brown.
- Immerse Jalebi in warm sugar syrup for 30 seconds. Serve hot.
To make sugar syrup, Dissolve 2 measures of sugar in 1 measure of water and heat for 5 minutes. This pack needs 400g of sugar and 200ml water.