Bollywood’s outspoken actress, Richa Chadha apart from having remarkable acting skills is also known for her love and passion for fitness. The actress grabbed eyeballs through her excellent role in Gangs of Wasseypur-2012. She is now all set for her latest release ‘Fukrey Returns’ and has now proved that she is dauntless in real life as well. Be it her on-screen action or workout routine, hard work is synonymous with Richa Chadha.
Last year she spoke to media about her battle with bulimia, due to which she began to gain weight and simultaneously lose confidence.
Well, she has now grabbed the headlines for her love for fitness and workout sessions. For instance, recently she revealed to media that she has created a makeshift gym at her home so that she didn’t have to miss her gym during unwanted emergencies. She has now become an advocate for leading a healthy life.
Here are some points from Richa Chadha’s Fitness Mantra which she revealed at TEDx Talk, a platform for inspirational stories:
- “Whenever I am not busy shooting, I manage to have 8 hours of sleep every day because appropriate sleep is necessary for proper functioning of the body”
- “Consistency is the biggest challenge. Give yourself long-term goals rather than 3-4 months”
- “No doubt I am a vegan, I am strict in following my gluten-free food diet”
- “I tend to get bored by doing same exercises daily, so I keep varying between different forms of yoga, weight training, cardio, etc.”
- “My idea of relaxation is Yoga, reading books, catching up with family and friends and a good massage”
- “In a cheat meal, I go for home-cooked rajma chawal, dal chawal or the very tempting Mughlai cuisine”
- “My message to fitness enthusiasts is to be flexible in your workout routine. Don’t feel guilty if you happen to skip a day of workout, instead, follow your routine next day with more passion”