Children are said to be the reflection of God. They are so pious and pure that they usually think everyone around them is a good person and they don’t need to worry about anything. But, that’s not the truth. The world is filled with people who can harm your child in every possible way under the effect of various emotions. Although it is important to protect your youngsters from the evil, it is also equally important, if not more, at least to teach them how to protect themselves.
But, the knowledge of defensive skills is of no use if they don’t know how to contrast the good and the evil. Also, children need to learn to deal with the various feelings that they can encounter in their life.
Below is a list of things that parents should definitely tell their children before they enter teenage:
- The world contains Good as well as Bad People. Not everyone you meet will be a good person. You should not trust what every person around you tells you.
- You expect everyone to like you. But that’s not always possible. You have to deal with those people as well who will hate you without any reason.
- Life is not always fair. Most of the time things don’t go as planned. Life gives you hurdles in every situation. You need to fight with those hurdles and get over them.
- Sad things will happen in your life. Life is not only happiness. The equal proportion of sadness and happiness is what forms a life. You need to be prepared in advance for such instances where you will lose your loved ones. You will see betrayals, your friendships will dissolve. No one can escape these things.
- Failure is not that bad. It’s not very likely that you will get success in anything in your first attempt. Even if you get it, you are just very lucky. When you fail at something, you get an experience that will tell you what not to do and you keep eliminating those things in your further attempts. This way you get to know better than those who just get success in their first attempt.