Rasbhari is also called as Cape Gooseberry. It has different names in different countries. It looks like a cerise tomato and yellow in color. It contains vitamin C, K, antioxidants, carotids, potassium, iron, soluble fibers and minerals. It has some unique properties like Hepatoprotective, Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory, Renoprotective and Anti-diabetic effect.
Health Benefits of Rasbhari or Cape Gooseberry:
- It helps enhance your immunity & helps to control the high blood pressure.
- It is rich in vitamin C as compared to lemon. Vitamin C not only helps us for our skin but also it helps to boost our immunity power.
- beside Vitamin C, these are also rich in Vitamin A which helps to improve our eyesight.
- It is rich in iron which helps to improve our vision. It prevents us from cataract and protects our eyes from macular deterioration.
- Phyto chemicals like carotenoids and polyphenols presence in cape gooseberry help to regulate the level of high blood pressure.
- It’s soluble pectin fiber retain the bad cholesterol levels and endorse our heart health.
- It makes our bone stronger due to the presence of high amount of phosphorous and calcium.
- It’s the content of fructose which is a soluble fiber, beneficial for patients suffering from diabetics.
- Regular intake of this berry lowers the amount of blood sugar level in our body.
- Cape gooseberry is low in calories and fat so it can help us for weight loss plan.
- Due to its antioxidant property, it protects us against the attack of flu and the common
- If you are feeling a congested nasal opening, then have Cape Gooseberry with hot water or hot tea, you will feel better and more relaxed.
- It is rich in vitamin A, C, vitamin B’s like B1, B2, B3, magnesium, calcium, iron, copper and phosphorous and it also contains flavonoid polyphenol. These all nutrients help to promote our health and keeps us from various diseases.
One thing is most important you have to keep in mind that eat only ripe cape gooseberries, because unripe Rasbhari can cause various allergies and toxicity in the body.