Oat meal contain a wide range of nutrients like fiber, vitamin E and essential fatty acids. Oats are also rich in soluble fibers, which help in lowering cholesterol levels. They are super filling, satisfying and versatile. Oat meal is a good diet when you are going under weight loss program. It is also a healthier diet for the diabetics patients and heart patients.
Here are some of the benefits of eating oats:
1. Whole oat meal is high in antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds called polyphenols. Oats contain powerful antioxidants called avenanthramides. Avenanthramides helps lowering blood pressure levels by increasing the production of nitric oxide.
2. Oat meal may lower the risk of heart disease by reducing both total and LDL cholesterol levels and protecting LDL cholesterol from oxidation.
3. Oat meal helps in losing weight. Oats is a low calorie food which slows digestion and makes you feel full longer.
4. Studies indicate that oat bran, the fiber-rich outer layer of the grain, may help relieve constipation in older people .
5. Helps protecting skin. According to The American Academy of Dermatology, “Oatmeal is able to normalize the skin’s pH. It also helps moisturize and soften the skin.”
You can try different recipes with oats, it can be sweet or little spicy as well. You can add some dry fruits or fruits like banana or apple to make it more tasty. While making it salty or little spice you can lots of vegetables like onion, tomato, green chilly, beans, and coriander.